Naperville, Illinois

Even thro this happened years ago the scars still tinder.I purchased five pair of New Balance shoes, remember they were the only running shoe offering widths, two 585's, a 574, a 606 and another pair of runners that are somewhere.

I was suppose to start running again but was not able. The 606's were rebuilt since but the 585's, the 574 and the other were barely walked in at about 4 years old soles hardly worn the mid sole cushioning part started crumbling apart disintegrating separating the sole from the shoe body. From time to time I would search for answers or check to see if they could be repairded when I happend apon a article, "The Sneakerheads Racing to save their Kicks from decay" and a Justin Douglas from Ft. Worth, Texas aka Ammoskunk who repairs them.

Their should be a warring lable on shoes that wear out over time by themselves even without being worn, polyurethane degradation, it has happened to other of my shoes also hikers, Italian made chukka boots, Nikes etc.

Shame on these companies that have known about problems with these materials polyurethane etc.and congratulations to those that recognize the problen a switch to a more rubberized or natural substance.

Review about: Models 585 S And 574.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE New Balance 574 Sneakers
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with New Balance?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.