New Balance - Review in Footwear and Clothing category from Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania
I bought a pair of men's 584s from the NB website 3 months ago. They were expensive ($85).
They fit very comfortably, and I was very happy with the design of the shoe. I even recommended them to my girlfriend, who got a pair of the women's 574s.
HOWEVER, after wearing them a couple of days per week with light/moderate use, they're falling apart rapidly. There's a large tear on the inseam of the right shoe, where the rubber meets the fabric. The laces are fraying on both shoes, & the grommets/eyelets that the laces go through are stretching and causing the laces to become loose (much too quickly, I know this happens with other shoes I've had).
This is not the first time I've had an NB shoe fall apart. After putting down $90 on this pair, I can safely say I'm not going to buy another pair of NB again. It's a shame because I genuinely enjoyed how this shoe felt, performed, and looked. If they improve the durability of the shoes I would reconsider this.
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Product or service
- New Balance 574 Men Shoe
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "NEW BALANCE ADVISED ME THEIR SHOES ONLY LAST FOR 6-9 MONTHS,,,, WOW THEIR FINAL COMMENT AFTER SENDING PICTURES"We appreciate the pictures you are providing of this shoe. I truly apologize,..."
- "Last week I ordered a cute sweater. Easy right? Nope. It arrived yesterday (from china) and it is not at all what was pictured on the web site. I am..."
- "I order a blue jumper( with other items) as attached photo with pattern on it as first photo. 6 weeks later or I got a blue jumper but totally different..."
- "Bought Ashley chair 406-03-20 in 2008. Last month the leather started peeling. The tag on the chair states that all parts of chair that has human contact are REAL 100%..."
- "Awful quality! The wigs do not look like what's pictured. Then, if you want to return it, that's a bigger hassle! Apparently there is a NO return..."
- "I purchased this "sport" windscreen from an Ebay seller from Italy for an XDiavel. BEWARE!!! The bolts that came with it are MUCH too short, and are black steel..."
- "I spent $161.92 for a 'deluxe' sugar and sweet bouquet and everyone's favorite candy basket with all the up charges to be delivered for my daughters sweet 16th birthday. It..."
- "I have bought a few items from Everbuying, and had no problems. I bought a cheap tablet and a couple of case covers for my cellphones, and that was it...."