1.3K views

I purchased 6 pairs of their 857 shoes. They last a few months, the soles become unglued.

I used epoxy to attached the flapping sole until the epoxy wore off. The sole was so bad I through the bad pair in the trash. I have thrown out 4 pairs because of this problem. I have 2 pairs left.

I complained to New Balance but they put the blame on me. Not professional! I looked on the internet and found others who have had the same problem.

If you ever buy a New Balance sneaker, make sure the sole has one piece, not the ones that have multiple sole attachments. New Balance - fix the problem, don't blame the consumer!

Product or Service Mentioned: New Balance 857 Sneakers.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Initial fit and comfort, Comfort.

I didn't like: Shoes and customer service, Shoes fell apart in 6 months, Shoes coming apart.

Comments

NB 608 are now junk. I think the glue on the bottoms with spit!

When you complain they say "You wore them wrong".

WTF! This is not the company it oncewas.

My new balance white ties the sole just crumbled. I have never seen this before. The soles and the heels just crumbled The lacing Or sewing on the inside of the sole pulled Way The side sole and heel crumbled.

I intended to wear my NB CT330B shoes but found the middle white rubber sole layer the consistency of styrofoam. I might expect this on some Red-China made trash, but not on a USA product.

I have 2 pair of Nike-Air, 2 of LA Gear, and two pair of steel-toed work shoes exhibit the same problem. Some, I never even wore, but have no receipts. This is an outrage!!! All were kept in their boxes in a closet.

Is there some expiration date on shoes? I have work and dress shoes from the '70s that are just fine. (OK, I'm no kid, but still wear "tennies" ). Has anyone considered a class-action lawsuit about this?

They are supposed to WEAR out. not crumble in their boxes.

LA Gear refused to even provide a discount coupon for another pair--- real good PR! pr

Same problem with this - now - former NB customer.

I have NB 604s. Same issue.

Nice sneakers but they come unglued at sole. Contact cement will fix them for a week or two.

NB 623 V2 and 3 same problem, white separates from black sole layers—-no visible glue between them.

Same problem multiple times

I've had the same issue with two pairs of 453's and a pair of 470's. Been a lifetime customer of New Balance but not anymore.

Called them and the blamed me for not wearing them soon enough after buying them.

Offered me a $50 coupon toward purchase of a new pair. New Balance needs to fix this problem since it's happening to lots of people!!

847 The same problem! Will not buy anymore.

I am also experiencing the same issue. This is my second pair of 847's that the sole have become loose.

I want to support American jobs as these are assembled in the states, or so they say. However, I will not pay over 100 a pair for only three to six months of use.

I did call customer support and they asked me a bunch of silly questions.

She said that she would send me a shipping label to return the shoes. It never arrived.

Same problem with the 811 shoe. Shoes cost $102.00.

The rubber started separating on one of the shoes. Then the foam started falling out. New Balance first offered a $10.00 credit on my next purchase. Five years later they are now offering a $30.00 credit.

They asked me how I wore these shoes. I said normal.

They asked if ever washed them in water. Leather shoes...are you kidding?

Same PROBLEM ,no more of these junk shoes.

Maryland, United States #1347109

New Balance 623v come unglued from the sole always have sad they don't care

Denver, Colorado, United States #1338184

Last 2 pair of NB shoes I bought within a couple of months the soles started coming unglued. I have been wearing NB shoes for many years and never had this happen until the last two pairs.

Is NB losing their quality? I think I will now go to another brand.

Coraopolis, Pennsylvania, United States #1254172

Same problem with NB811. Won't buy again. Paid too much.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States #1250980

I have the same problem with the Vazee. I'm on my 3rd pair and it looks like the sole is peeling again. I think there is a problem with the vietnam factory.

Norcross, Georgia, United States #1195664

I have same problem with NB 608 shoes...just won't buy them anymore...

I agree I will no longer buy NB. This unglue problem drives me crazy